MORE ABOUT ME

Thursday, February 24, 2011

CITY GIRLS.....

Hello all.....
I caught H-E-DOUBLE-HOCKEY-STICKS from an avid reader yesterday.
It's true, I have been a slacker at posting on this blog this week.
I own that shame.
Here's the thing, to quote my lawyer, I am "up to my tits in tigers'.
Meaning?
I have been SUUUUUUPER busy trying to get the final pieces for The Artist Project done.
I just completed ANOTHER re-paint.
Here is what it looked like before:
"Unspoiled Beauty", Acrylic on Canvas, 48" x 60", 2007.
2007. Yes, for me, that is an OLDIE.
So I thought I could improve it.
I have always drawn to the idea that the city is made from imports from smaller places. I have always made social commentary about city versus country life. So, from that, I repainted this one to look like this:

"City Girl", Acrylic on Canvas, 48" x 60", 2011.







 I think it is a VAST improvement. It isn't until I started to repaint this that I realized how I have refined my painting in 4 years. CRAZY, huh?
I mean I liked the composition before.....but now.....WOW!

Ok....also look at this......this is me on my front porch trying to get natural light on the painting...it is so huge!!! I bet the neighbours think I am a lunatic! (and they may be partially right!)
What do you think?
Improvement?
Sorry for the delay in posting on this, but she took a long while to re-paint!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment