MORE ABOUT ME

Monday, June 6, 2011

NEGLECTED AND IN THE RAW?

Hello friends!
I know what you are thinking.
ROB.....WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? WHY HAVE YOU NEGLECTED US??
I am sorry faithful (and semi-faithful) followers, but it has been a CAR-AZY week!
As y'all know I have been busting my hump (yes, I said busting my hump - what of it?) to try to get my "Auto Fixation" Exhibition done. And today....I can FINALLY tell you....it is!!
D-O-N-E....done!
I go in to the gallery tomorrow to hang the work....and then to get drunk!
;-)
I kid, I kid!!
So to add to the stress of getting the last works done, I had the Riverdale Art Walk on the weekend.
For those of you who don't know what it is click on the link.
Honestly, I do not want to talk about it.
I just can't.
Ok...ok, stop hounding me.....I will tell you about it.
Once a year the businesses in the area of Queen East open their doors to exhibit art.
And as part of this event, there is a group show in Jimmie Simpson Park.
In previous years, I have sweated and gotten rained on at this event. It can be challenging!
It can also be very great exposure!!
This year, I took a chance and just opened the doors on my little studio under hangman Gallery instead.
What does it mean?
Well, it means that I didn't need to get up in the early am to set up my booth.......in the rain......
and I didn't need to pack up at the end of a long day.......in the rain....
On the flip side, it also meant that I didn't get the foot traffic that they did in the park.
But we must count our blessings, an d move forward, right?
So, it was a bit of a disappointment, but I like to think of every experience as an opportunity.
And one can never be sure what effect they are having on the universe until it is done.
So, I remain hopeful for some future opportunities - that may not have happened without this past weekend's lack of 'success'?
You with me?
Up with new.....out with old....
(insert another trite, yet uplifting mantra here)
I was gonna show y'all a couple new paintings......
but they are doing 'maintenance' at Blogspot...so...not so much!
But I promise, I will post some new paintings soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment