MORE ABOUT ME

Monday, April 23, 2012

LINKEDIN LOGO ARTWORK

It's like Karen Carpenter used to say.......rainy days on Monday's always get me down!
But despite the cold and rain........we shall persevere!
I wanted to share with you today a commission that I have been working on.
The commission is for the common-room at LinkedIn.


LinkedIn - just in case you do not know, according to Wikipedia is:


"a business-related social networking site. Founded in December 2002 and launched in May 2003, it is mainly used for professional networking. As of 9 February 2012, LinkedIn reports more than 150 million registered users in more than 200 countries and territories. The site is available in English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, Romanian, Russian, Turkish, Japanese, Czech and Polish. In June 2011, LinkedIn had 33.9 million unique visitors, up 63 percent from a year earlier and surpassing MySpace."


So, the piece that I painted was commissioned for their offices, to hang along side 3 other commissioned art works. Each artwork features their logo  - one of them was this lego art:




So, I started with the logo and worked up from there. 
We wanted it to look like an old weathered poster.....I then designed a fake vintage 'timecard',
and a retro looking coaster that was social networking related. 
The final piece was the wording straight from the mission statement.
Here was the computer rendering that was approved:




I was pleased with the overall look.....and here is it finished:




As you can see, it is similar to the drawing - with a bit more agedness!
Here are a few more photos dropping off the work at the offices:

Here I am....at LinkedIn......see my reflection??

The VERY WHITE entry!

My piece being held up by Steve at LinkedIn.
The other lego-logo is there too!
Mine is the 'more subtle' one!


So, it was a great process, as most commissions are.
Remember.......you can get exactly what you want of your corporate or personal art needs.
As long as it fits my mandate, and looks like my work, I love to work WITH people on the perfect piece for their space! So keep it in mind next time you go to buy art!!!
In the meantime, you can check out all my commissioned work at:
http://www.robcroxford.com/commissions.html
and you can also check me out and add me to your professional network on LinkedIn here:
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/rob-croxford/19/a5a/ba4


Thanks all!!!


1 comment: