MORE ABOUT ME

Friday, April 27, 2012

WHAT'S UP ROB?

Hey loyal readers.....I was gonna post AGAIN about my NYC trip.......but then realized that you might just need a break this week from that!!! So.....I am gonna show you a couple projects I am working on.
PROJECT 1:
A commission for a client "Gravy Train (Too)". This is the second piece that I have done with this name. When the first one was bought, my client asked if she could have a second one.....so I went to work.
I don't EVER do the same thing twice.....as I want each piece to be important and unique, so  I created this piece with different imagery and a different layout. Here it is:


So, the imagery in this painting is from my painting "Going Somewhere" (which is sold) and "Plan Ahead" (which is also sold). I then added some wooden trim, children's magnets for the word 'gravy', a toy train and track, and an actual antique "Canadian National Railway" soap!
Then I added some colour washes and some ink work on top. I think it turned out SWELL!!

PROJECT 2:

Revitalizing an old master? So, as a favour for a family member, I did a little restoration project. I was given an old oil painting that had cracked and gotten damaged over the years. A lot of the paint had actually peeled off and it was terrible looking.....so I matched all the paints and filled all the white spaces and retuned it to its original "splendour':


It was a boatload of work - probably because it was a 'freebie'........I had to fight the urge to do this:

PROJECT 3-10:
As my deadline for The Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibition is looming, I thought I had better get to work on some new stuff. So I have stared creating more from my "Mixed Message" Series. Here is a computer rendered drawing for one:

Reboot
AND HERE IS A BRAND NEW PIECE:

"Top Dog", 6" x 9", Mixed media. 
This piece is made up of some new imagery and some old. The Tops are new....painted on the wood.....the dogs running are from "Hard" (which is sold) and the Tin Toy Dog is from my "A-Z Series" (and is also sold) I added paint and ink-work ontop.....and some coloured washes......
I also added a little plastic doggie in the corner just for fun!

So....there you go. Busy as ever. If you have a great idea for one of my 'Mixed Message' pieces....
I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR IT!!!!!
Have a great weekend all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment