MORE ABOUT ME

Friday, June 29, 2012

REFRESHING NEW WORK!

Howdy!
Happy almost Canada Day/Pride weekend.
I am celebrating by working hard on new work.
:-)
No, no.....no need to be sad for me....I LOVE painting!
So, as many of you know (if you are avid readers of this blog) I am prepping for a big show:



And due to crazy demand, I am back to working on new pieces in my Landscape Series. 
I hadn't done one in almost 2 years, and thought I wouldn't really enjoying going back.....BUT...
I am really enjoying the challenge of Landscape painting!
Here is my latest:

"Refreshing", 24" x 18", Acrylic on Board, 2012

So, this one is made up of 5 different photos I took last year - in The Beach here in T.O. 
I didn't like any of the photos...but when I put a bunch together - I got this composition. 
I am pleased with how soothing this whole painting feels to me!
I the quote is: "When the well's dry, we know the worth of water." (Benjamin Franklin)
I think Benny Frank's (ya...that is how he and I roll) quote is brilliant!
What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment