MORE ABOUT ME

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

WW123: LAURENCE VALLIÈRES, URBAN TORONTO and PHOTOSHOPPED CELEBRITIES!

I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE THINKIN'!
Rob....you be lazy!! What have you been doing this week?
Well.....loyal readers, I am up to my t*ts in tigers. (AKA I'M BUSY, Y'ALL)
With The Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibition sneaking up (next weekend) I have kicked production in to high gear. BUT....I know how you would feel sad and dejected if I missed my weekly Wonderful Wednesday post!
So here are 5 things I LOVE this week:

1.)  Laurence Vallières is an artist from Montreal who creates AH-MAH-ZING animal sculptures using layered cardboard cutouts taken from found boxes. Laurence says of her work, "I create art that maintains both visual appeal and an understated sense of humor. I want the meaning of my pieces to both capture the eye of the viewer initially and leave them with something to consider long after they’ve left. I sculpt monkeys, elephants and rhinoceroses, thinking about their human correspondents or the ideologies they represent." THEY ARE INCREDIBLE!!! See for yourself!






Find out more about Laurence's work here.
via [Junk CULTURE] via [Lustik] via [DecoverMag]

2.) Hey Torontonians....I just discovered this. LATE TO THE PARTY!! I have been enjoying my daily emails from URBAN TORONTO...... There are a lot of great regular posts daily...

The picture of the day:

Updates on construction (and proposed plans) around the city........like the Student Learning Centre at my alma mater (Ryerson university):


 Projets around the city (like the pedestrian walkways by the St Lawrence Market):
 And STUNNING before and afters:
  
 Go and check out URBAN TORONTO and get the RSS feed into your mailbox daily!!!

3.) Thank gosh I subscribe to 'If It's Hip, It's Here'......or I may have missed this furniture....





Good Vibrations is part of a collection designed for Fratelli Boffi with the name "F* The Classics"! it is a crazy mash up of antique furniture with modern elements. OH BOY!!!!! I LOVE IT SOOOOOOO MUCH!!







I want to go to there!!!!!




4.) Thanks to my friend Ben on Facebook....I am not HYPNOTIZED BY THIS PRODUCT. It is Rust-Oleum's liquid-repelling product, NeverWet. Ok...I am gonna let the vido speak for itself:
OH-MAH-GAW!!!!
See?????? You just Spray the silicone-based coating on ANYTHING and it appears to become almost completely impervious to moisture. SPRAY DOWN YOUR CHILDREN (or sloppy Husbands)!! 
YES....I am worried what toxic crap might be in it.......but....just think of how long my ADORABLE canvas runners will last with this product!!!!!!!!!


5.) THIS IS GREAT:
Frustrated about how over-retouched all the celebrity pictures are, New York-based artist Danny Evans decided to retouched them the opposite way by taking away all their glamor. “It was a reaction to the insanely over-retouched photos of celebrities that are everywhere,” says Danny, who started so-called Celebrities Make Under project back in 2006.
Here are some examples:








for more go to his Facebook page...
(thanks Cindy for this one!)

No comments:

Post a Comment