MORE ABOUT ME

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

WW173: WORX AEROCART, STRAWBERRY DAIQUIRIS, and BEARD MOULTING…..

Here you go……5 things I want you to like this week…..because I like them…..
…..because they are cool…...and I hate liking things alone…..
These are all great June 2014 related things…….

1.) ok….let me first say…I am not a "World Cup" fan. (SHOCKING - I know) BUT I want to be a part of this June 2014 thing………so…..I DO love these…..

Leo Fitzmaurice recycles found materials into mini sculpture…."Post Match" is comprised of found cigarette boxes from pavements around the world that have been neatly, and humorously, repurposed into miniature soccer jerseys. HOW GREAT are these???????







See more of Leo's work here.
via [Design Taxi]
2.) So summer for me is not only gardening…..and such…...it is also lugging art around to outdoor festivals………that is why I  TOTALLY NEED THIS……



The Worx Aerocart can quickly convert from a wheelbarrow to a hand truck to a rolling bag! In fact, this cart can be equipped to become any of 8 different manual transport equipment. It can lift up to 4 cubic feet in volume and 300 pounds in weight - and due to its "Turbo Lift design" it requires 400% less lifting power!  (Allegedly it will make 200 pounds feel like 17 pounds).


Unlike traditional wheelbarrows with just one tire, it comes with two polypropylene flat-free tires situated 23.5 inches apart, ensuring they can still be rolled up and down a standard truck-loading ramp. Construction is stainless steel.
NOT SOLD YET??? Check out this infomercial!!!!

"You don't need a man!"
Yikes!!  Despite that….I really think I want this!!

3.) Ok nerds……summer blockbuster movies are a real treat…..and THIS is a great trailer………honestly, I don't know what is wrong with you if you don't LOVE this one…..


(go HERE if the youtube like doesn't work!)

4.) Ok drinkers……..as you may know, we are going into strawberry season……and NOTHING beats a great Ontario berry……….so…….let's try this:

STRAWBERRY COCONUT DAIQUIRI

You need
2 1/2 cup(s) (about 12 ounces) chopped strawberries
3 tablespoon(s) sugar
2 tablespoon(s) lime juice
3 cup(s) ice cubes
3/4 cup(s) coconut-flavored rum, such as Malibu

Directions:
Combine strawberries, sugar, and lime juice together in a blender. Blend until smooth. Add ice cubes and rum and blend until frothy….and then get drunk!
Um….YUM!
(via www.eatingwell.com)

5.) FINALLY…..thanks to The Onion for reporting on this summer phenomenon….


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7ZA-096BAE

No comments:

Post a Comment