MORE ABOUT ME

Monday, July 28, 2014

KENSINGTON MARKET ART FAIR 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO

Hmm…..maybe that is not the right sequel name…..
Lemme try that again….
KMAF TOO: Look who's talking now
KMAF 2: This time it's personal
KMAF 2: The legend of Ron Burgundy Rob Croxford
KMAF 2: European vacation
KMAF 2: Tokyo Drift
KMAF 2: and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Ok…I am out of ideas……why don't you help me find a great sequel name in the comments!!

Anyways, this weekend was my second-to-last outdoor exhibition of the season, and the second time I have done #KMAF. My first experience was off-the-chart good. (Sorry…I have a bit of hyphen-fever today!) My second was pretty good too…..here is my photo/video log of the day…..

I showed up at 8:45am to set up……(we were told 9am - but I am a keener - aka Type 'A'!)
Unfortunately….my tent was to be set up where this solitary truck was parked.
Sigh.
I considered opening my booth in the back of this abduction vehicle…..but ultimately didn't!
I think my decision to sell work out of a long overcoat was a much less creepy decision!
Thankfully that truck eventually moved, and I was able to set up shop for the day….and it looked a little something like this:

This time around I left a LOT at home. I brought new prints, and postcards and such…..
And it got pretty dang busy!!!

Eventually it slowed a bit……so to attract people in, I began to performing highlights from Chicago the Musical!
 Oh MAN I am a sucker for jazz hands….or magic fingers……or Vanna White-ing (It's like Vogueing, only substantially GAY-er!)
And if you think I look ridiculous in that photo….I appear even more insane in this video clip….

(here for you iPhoners  http://youtu.be/E3UyDqfLvY4 )
I intend on submitting that video to The Price is Right….it seems I missed my calling as a Barkers Beauty…..
OK MOVING ON…..

I have to admit that I was THRILLED that the weather look like this!
It was supposed to look like this…..
WHEW!!!!
That is THREE - count them - THREE outdoor shows in a row that are rain free!!!!
HUZZAH!
My neighbour (and dear friend) Cindy Scaife helped keep me amused all day……
…both with her wonderful art and her scintillating personality……and her bangs.
During another crowd-lull I started doing my 'nosey neighbour' character…….

"hey….whatcha go there? You selling something?"
….Glen Kravitz…..
You know……like Gladys Kravitz……..you know…...from Bewitched…..
Ugh….I am seriously dating myself here aren't I !?

And speaking of old…..While I handed out a bunch of cards and such you know - networking……
I was told that I need be working on my brand…….I explained I had the Twitter, and the Facebook and the Instagram and that I was @robcroxford on all of them…..
But then I was informed that I really should have a hashtag….to help my "branding"……
UGH!
I thought it could be #robcroxford…but allegedly that is not really catchy…..
COME ON!!! I am not 20 years old……or 30…..or hell even 40 anymore…..I am lucky to be as savvy as I am about these things……
So how about #croxROCKS or just #im2oldforthiss**t
You got a better hashtag than #croxRocks ??
Boy I would love to hear it! :-)

Anyways……all and all a great day, with lots of new contacts and a little $$ to buy some boxed wine.
AND IT ALMOST was rain free….....I got almost home before the clouds rolled in and BLAMO!


The ONLY bad thing about schlocking your wares in a parking lot………is this….


I would like to tell you that this is a tan line……
ALAS…..NOT SO MUCH!  It is quite simply, just FILTH!!!!!!

(my hands were also disgusting see my white ring finger???)
EW!!!

#filthydirtford #dustycroxyuck #slobcroxford #ew # glamorousartistlife
I really don't get this whole hashtagging thing!

So, I would like to thank the fine folks at Keep6 for organizing a great day for the #KMAF


Hopefully I get to be a part of this show again next year!
Thanks to all who visited me! 
It is always appreciated!!!!!!
See you in September for The Cabbagetown Arts and Crafts Fair!
I will have a bunch of GREAT new stuff that you are gonna want to have!!!! ;-)
Have a good week y'all!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Rob!

    May I suggest a variation (read hipper with the kids) of one of your hashtags?

    I give you ... #croxROX!!! You're welcome!!

    Signed,

    Ol' messy bangs Cindy (or should I say #whatiswrongwithmybangs?)

    ReplyDelete