MORE ABOUT ME

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

WW185: RUTH OOSTERMAN, CLEAN BANDITS, and DISNEY BOYFRIENDS

Welcome back!
Here are 5 things that I think you should LOVE this week…..

1.) I really love this one. I am not a mommy….but I am really drawn to these great collaborative works… Ruth oosterman has painted a bunch or FANTASTIC watercolour painting using her 2 year old's doodles as a framework for the pieces!

I was sceptical at first - because they are SOOO GOOD….but check this out…..

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vKB33rK-to)

Ruth says…..
‘just as my painting forms, I make sure to follow her outlines and leave some of her drawing visible, keeping it a collaboration. it is a fine balance that I am continuing to learn from.’




I love them!!! I REALLY DO!
Please give her a little support on her BLOG
or buy prints of her stuff on Etsy

NOW I GOTTA GO GET MYSELF A TODDLER!!!!!

2.) I love a good toe tapper - you KNOW I do!!! I have been listening to Clean Bandit's "Rather Do" on repeat for a week now…..here is the official music video…..prepare to tap your toes…..
(GO HERE more of their videos)
Here is the wiki explanation of this group…..


"Clean Bandit is a British electronic group from England. The group consists of Jack Patterson, Luke Patterson, Grace Chatto, Milan Neil Amin-Smith. Clean Bandit's music has been described as "fusion" music, mixing electronic music with classical and deep-house elements. Most of their music intertwines classical compositions, such as those from Beethoven, Dvorak, etc. (most typically, Mozart for their song "Mozart's House"). Some of their music also has a lot of humour and a bit of tongue in cheek at times."

I really enjoy the whole album "New Eyes"……
……yes…..it's chock-a-block full of "disco-y" goodness…....Preview it on iTunes….
THEN BUY IT - and prepare to have your toes tapped!

3.) Dear Toronto. Let's ALSO think outside the box - or rather the highway……



Recently, plans have been unveiled for an aerial gondola system that would connect Brooklyn to Manhattan, bringing commuters over the river in just three and a half minutes. The ‘east river skyway‘ is viewed as a relatively inexpensive and quickly deployable solution. it is believed that the scheme could accommodate over 5,000 individuals an hour in both directions!!!!
Is this brilliance??? YES!!!!!!!!

Check out more details on designboom.com
4.) Ok….I am not sure WHY I love this so much…..but I do…..COOL MATERIAL brings you the Lighter Cufflinks.


Perfect for camping or for a night on the town or the formal-dressed pyromaniacs out there.
(Wait….I think I may be confused about what "camping" is!)
Still…..cool, right????

5.) Thanks Buzzfeed for this……you Disneyphiles will especially love this one….


(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct-CdyT4HkM&feature=youtu.be)

No comments:

Post a Comment