MORE ABOUT ME

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

WW187: BYOB COCKTAIL EMPORIUM, POSTMODERN JUKEBOX and "ew"

Welcome again to "Wonderful Wednesday" friends!
Here are 5 things that I think you should love this week!

1.) This is weird and wonderful…….Debra Broz from LA makes the sweet so strange…….I love her work…..like these:

So odd and so STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here are a few more….

Yes…it's a rabbit with a fox mask or 'Lamb as Bear'….great pieces from her "Disguises" Series

Weird bird and flower combo from "Botanical/Ornithological Grafts & Hybrids" Series.

Support Debra!!!
At her website…..
or give her some like on the Book of Faces….
or follow her tweets!
(thanks to The jealous Curator for pointing her out!!!)

2.)  Do you like pop music……but not the people singing it? Do you miss the sounds of days gone by??? I often feel this way. I offer this solution…….


Postmodern Jukebox takes your radio hits and spins them a little differently…..for example….take an Ariana Grande / Zedd Cover  - and make it into 70's soul remake (ft. Morgan James):

(iPhone peeps - click HERE)

My goal with Postmodern Jukebox is to get my audience to think of songs not as rigid, ephemeral objects, but like malleable globs of silly putty. Songs can be twisted, shaped, and altered without losing their identities–just as we grow, age, and expire without losing ours–and it is through this exploration that the gap between “high” and “low” art can be bridged most readily.


I subscribed to the the PMJ YouTube….so that I wouldn't miss any song!!! (So must YOU!) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCORIeT1hk6tYBuntEXsguLg
I couldn't stand to miss another song like this one…..
(iPhone peeps - click HERE)

YOU MUST get their new album: http://msclvr.co/0eX28X

Find a way to see them on tour: http://tickets.turnupgroup.com/postmo...
See PMJ on Wednesday nights in LA: http://sbe.com/exclusives/scott-bradl...
http://www.postmodernjukebox.com
I leave you with this one……."Anaconda" HOLY CRAP WHAT AN IMPROVEMENT!!!!!!!!
AWESOME!!

3.) This one is for Christina, Deb, Cindy and Husband! One of you gals NEEDS one of these purses from Anya Hindmarch !! OMG!!! These are from her Autumn Winter 2014-15 'Counter Culture' Collection.

 Yes….that's Tony The Tiger and Cornelius Rooster!!!
Look at how beautiful these are up closer….



 But then she also does a clutch bag!


BUY a limited edition cereal purse at Colette or we can take a trip across the pond to
Bond Street or Harvey Nicols!!!!!
(thanks to http://www.ifitshipitshere.com for this one!!!!)

4.) This one is for my fellow day drinkers ;-) When on Queen West, you are gonna want to check out BYOB Cocktail Emporium:

Everything you might need to enjoy a good cocktail! Everything from books to bitters…..everything from bar tools to beer glasses.
(you may recognize this bar from Ethel! - one of my most favourite-ist stores!!!)

Honestly I was there this past weekend at 972 Queen St West…and it was great!!!!





Shop online with them at: www.byobto.com
Give them a little 'like' at  www.facebook.com
or follow the tweets at: @BYOBtoronto
BYOB Cocktail Emporium is at  972 Queen West, in Toronto!
NOW GO THERE!!!

5.) Jimmy Fallon. I feel like I could dedicate the #5 position of this post PERMANENTLY…..I am sure you have seen this….but if you haven't….I give you "Ew" the music video…..



(go HERE for my iPhone peeps)



No comments:

Post a Comment