MORE ABOUT ME

Friday, February 13, 2015

A "COCK AND BULL STORY" FOR THE ARTIST PROJECT

Howdy!
Happy Friday! YOU MADE IT!
Today I am gonna share ANOTHER new painting that I am entering into The Artist Project's competition. Each year, TAP has a contest based on a theme. Artists are encouraged to enter a piece to be judged for a cash award!
So, each year for the past 8 years, I have entered a piece created SPECIFICALLY for this yearly T.A.P. artist competition. I know what you are thinking......have you ever won a first, second, third or people's choice award?
No. (Insert "aaaaaw" here!)
I know, I know, a crime. I should probably be sore by now....that's 28 chances....no wins.
My win? I have sold most of the works that I created!
Oh.......and hey.....it's just an honour to be included.
And even if that isn't 100% honest, it HAS always been fun to create something different.
Here are all SEVEN of my losing entries....

"Speed" -- 2008 ORANGE competition - SOLD!

"Chocolate" -- 2009 CHOCOLATE competition - SOLD!

"Beauty Queen" --2010 QUEEN competition - AVAILABLE!

"Lemonaide" -- 2011 LEMON competition - SOLD!

"Energy" --2012 ENERGY competition - SOLD!

"Face Value" -- 2013 FACES competition - AVAILABLE!

"Toronto Harbour" -- 2014 SET SAIL competition - SOLD!
OKAY, admittedly, as I look back on all the entries, some are stronger than others...and there are 2 still available for sale!
BUT THIS YEAR......the competition theme is "TYPE".
Now, any of my work would fit this theme....I have text in almost all of my paintings...but I did a new piece to enter.....here it is......


"Cock and Bull Story", 24" x 24", Acrylic on Canvas.
**A "cock and bull story" is a hard to believe or made-up story.

Well? Whadda ya think?
Will I continue my unbroken record? 
Why don't YOU come out to The Artist Project next week and VOTE FOR ME!?
;-)
I hope to see you there!
Have a great weekend y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment