MORE ABOUT ME

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

'PEGGING IT UP - PART 1 - 2015

Hello friends......
It's a new week.........and I am gearing up for The Cabbagetown Arts and Crafts Show!
But I really wanted to share with you some things that happened whilst I was on my vay-cay!
Let's get to it....be warned - THIS is several parts......
....also be warned......I know very little about these landmarks and such.....sorry my friendly Winnipegers!
Cheese grater + Old time-y Mississippi Belle Steamboat = Nice bridge downtown...
IS THAT BETTER MARGARET?? GEEZ??

This area is called "The Forks"........
I believe named after the fact this building is entirely made of forks!
okay......maybe it was an old train station.....
.....maybe it was trains made of forks....
You get it.....I know NOTHING.....

This was the sign at the Liquor Mart.
HAAAA!
THIS. From the Pancake House!
THIS GLORIOUS THING is a apple cinnamon pancake.
HELL - TO - THE - YA! 
This is where it all stopped.....
Get it????
A 3 foot croc. I kid you not.
"DON'T TOUCH".......really???????
One could get kicked out of this store if one were to put this on their foot and
walk around pretending to be a giant clown. Allegedly.
These are other early delights available for purchase at The Forks:

TESTIFY!
Um, okay.
You remember "Large Bird"? 
Puns!
More from the Forks:

Forking around!



 FORK YOU:
This is NOT how Winnipeg welcomed me......but......
Cool old buildings downtown!
The Etiquette Academy of Winnipeg.
STOP LAUGHING.
STOP IT!
fried dough and dips.
OH
MAH
EFFING
GAWD!
It's a street dance! I danced all night! Or I COULD have....

I was almost murdered by this Man-eating Winnipeg Rainbow Armadillo.
It's a serious problem out there! Google it - I dare you!
I WENT TO THE MINT!
(I was calling it the Looney Bin - as they make our coins.....but was told that was NOT appropriate!)

This nice policeman let me hold this REAL bar of gold....it was really heavy!
(It was also worth over $600,000 dollars!!!!!)
WHAT??
NOTHING HAPPENED!!!
You cannot take photos inside the Canadian Mint.....except in the lobby....

This switch said "do not touch".
RULE BREAKER!!!!

An old press!

Some coat hangers in the lobby!
THERE WAS NOT A LOT TO PHOTOGRAPH - GEEZ!!!!!
That night we went to "Baked Expectations"......GOSH I LOVE ME a good food pun!

YUM.
Also love this sign......

ARWE YOU DYIN???? Ya....it was yummers!!!!

Smurf Springs Winnipeg.
GOOGLE IT!
(okay it is not a thing - BUT I had convinced myself that this was  filled with Blue Curaçao"

Peepers. Not sure I LOVE that name. Sounds kinda perv-y!
THE NEXT DAY THERE WAS A HUGE STORM:

It was CRAY!

"High and Lonesome" - it is surely someone's autobiography name!
THIS NEXT PARK MAKES ME SOUND LIKE AN OLD MAN....
Shorts!

Look at that price tag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
I can make you a pair of these for a fraction of the price!!!

Winnipeg is the home to the largest population of Cross-stitch addicts in Canada.
Sad, I know.
Okay that is it for now!
I have another post coming about my trip to the outskirts of The 'Peg.....which you may like.....and one about my trip to the Train Museum! EEEEEE!

2 comments:

  1. OMG, I'm totally going for one of those salted caramel chocolate cakes right now. Call me a taxi!

    ReplyDelete